18.10.24

How to break the mold?

 I can't seem to get away from the 'traditional' styling of things? I keep thinking I need to be more edgy or modern in designing things but I can't seem to unlock myself...hahaha...does that make sense? An example......another card design.

As I mentioned below I used Shutterfly to print some cards for me and I stand by my critique of their work.  I want to mention that I also used Snapfish to print some cards and had a different experience. I'm waiting to see if I hear back from them. The print of the image was fine but the layout was not so much. A thin white border is visible on the left and bottom edges of the card (not on the right edge) and a larger white border is visible at the top of the card when it is folded and is very distracting. The bottom right corner of all the cards was visibly bent/damaged. I can trim away the side and bottom errors but it leaves that distracting white line across the top.....pretty disappointed. Just sayin :-(


I'm really hoping I can successfully and economically print my cards myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment