23.6.19

Lots of Good Stuff

Last week was a good week.  So I've got three new clients for cleaning, two homes I've already work in and the third will be this Tuesday.  Both homes I've done so far were really in need of help, its good to feel needed, it makes doing this kind of work easier on the ego.
I had taken my 'new to me' car to my mechanic on Tuesday and got the great news that he couldn't find anything wrong with it.  He did point out though that one of my tires was bigger than the other three so I had to call the salesman where I bought it to get that situation fixed.  They were more than happy to replace the tire and sent me to the person who does their tires for them.  I got a brand new tire.
When I was leaving the tire place which was right smack in the middle of a road construction project I was having trouble getting out of their parking lot and back into traffic, cars just would not stop for me.  Construction worker to the rescue!! He was driving one of these......
and coming right towards me, I was in the area they were working on.  I backed up to get out of his way when he stopped, lifted up the bucket end of this thing and started to turn it out into the street, right into the traffic, it was the coolest thing!!  Traffic of course stopped in both directions and I was able to get back into traffic.  He pulled the bucket back out of the way and he had the biggest grin on his face as did I.  It was just too cool, it still makes me smile.

One of my cleaning clients that I've been with for about six years (can't believe its been that long!) is in the process of moving. When I first learned about this I was pretty nervous, this family is one that I see twice a week so its a big part of my income.  As luck would have it, it seems they may be moving just a half block from me!  I had told them about this beautiful apartment building just down the street from me and they checked it out and like it.  Its one of the very few places to rent that offers the amount of space that they need and moving there will keep them close to the places they need to stay close to. I've been helping them with the packing and was able to score a couple of things they were getting rid of.....some potting soil and clay pots, a couple of bottles to complete my bar setup :-).  I had taken some babies from a friends spider plant and they're growing like crazy so I was happy to get some pots and dirt. I'm getting easy to please in my old age lol.
And to round out the week of good stuff two sets of bracelets sold :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment